Why CTV and OTT Are Revolutionizing Advertising
By Camron Shoushtarian, Digital Campaign Manager
The way we watch TV has changed significantly in recent years. With the dramatic entrance of over-the-top (OTT) and connected TVs (CTVs) advertisers now have more opportunities than ever before to reach their target audiences at a extremally granular level. Leading to the biggest innovation in television since TiVo. In this blog post, we will explore how CTV is changing advertising and why you should be using it to reach your audience.
What is OTT and CTV? Over-the-top (OTT) platforms refer to video streaming platforms served over the internet, bypassing traditional TV providers. Examples of OTT platforms include Disney+, ESPN+, Netflix, HBO Max, and more. Connected TVs (CTVs) is the hardware (the TV or device that connects to the internet) that allows viewers to access online content such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and many others.
Perks of CTV and OTT:
- Targeted advertising: Advertisers can target their audience based on interests, demographics, behaviors, and location. This helps deliver personalized ads to the right people at the right time, increasing the chances of conversion and improving brand recall.
- Better engagement: With an immersive viewing experience that brands can connect with their audience in a more engaging and organic feeling way. These ads are also unskippable, and viewers tend to watch them until the end.
- Measurable results: Gather accurate and measurable results to make optimizations off of. Track ad views, impressions, and even post view and cross device conversion. Helping companies gain insight into the performance of their campaigns and allowing them to adjust their strategy accordingly.
- Cost-effective: OTT and CTV are significantly more cost-effective than traditional TV advertising. Advertisers can hit target audiences at a lower cost and with more accuracy.
- High ROI: OTT and CTV advertising has a higher return on investment (ROI) compared to traditional tv ads. This is a result of better targeting and engagement, leading to more conversions.
- Increased reach: OTT and CTV allow companies to reach a broader market than traditional TV advertising. With the increase of cord-cutting households and the popularity of streaming platforms, OTT and CTV offer a great way to connect with viewers.